Patients attending The Palms GP Surgery require a consultation with their usual GP once their issued prescription expires. Due to high practice demand, this should be arranged as soon as you have received the final issue of your prescription from your pharmacist. If you have run unexpectedly short of a medication which is prescribed repeatedly, you may request a prescription to keep you going. However, The Palms GP Surgery now operates a policy of accepting such prescription requests in written form only.
This policy is in place to:
• Ensure maximum patient safety.
• Ensure that patients are aware of the medications they are requesting.
• Reduce the risk of prescribing of unnecessary medications.
• Ensure accurate records of patient medication requests are retained.
• Minimise human error.
We aim to have all prescription requests reviewed within 2 working days. We will now be sending all prescriptions directly to the pharmacy via email. Do not come to the surgery to collect your prescription.
Please check with the pharmacy when your prescription will be ready for collection.
There are 2 ways now of requesting repeat prescriptions
- Filling out our online form*
- Downloading the repeat prescription form and emailing it to email@example.com
* By using this form you will be sending information about yourself across the internet. Whilst every effort is made to keep this information secure, you should be aware that we cannot offer any guarantees of absolute privacy. If this matter concerns you then you should use another method of ordering a repeat prescription.